Friday, December 28, 2007

Remember WordPerfect?

Ed Foster has a post about WordPerfect gripes on his GripeLog blog. I still miss reveal codes, and many other features of WordPerfect, but the reality is that they lost ground when the first Windows version wasn't quite ready for prime time. (Yes, my opinion, not that of DALL or my employer.)

Here's a bit from the post:

How Did WordPerfect Go Wrong?
By Ed Foster, Section The Gripelog
Posted on Fri Dec 28, 2007 at 12:54:02 AM PDT

I don't know why, but over the last year readers have several times brought up a topic that is a something of an historic gripe - actually, in terms of the technology world, one that is ancient history. Why did WordPerfect - the word processing program beloved by so many loved in the DOS era - lose out to Microsoft Word? That has been the subject of some rather hot debate in my discussion boards this year, even when it was considerably off topic.

No comments: