Friday, October 01, 2010

Tech Fun

I have been traveling quite a bit lately and found that I was in need of a small inexpensive laptop that would run PowerPoint presentations. After looking at my options I finally settled on a netbook. When I started looking at them, I thought that they were too small and probably could not do what I needed. I was wrong. I found that most of them are running Windows 7 Starter, but you can put the home edition on it without upgrading the memory. Additionally, I was able to load Office 2010 without any issues. The small size of the net book makes it very portable and it picks up wireless networks wherever I go. It also has an 8 hour battery. I can work and surf the net whoever I go, even if I only go to the living room. The netbook boots up faster than my desktop computer and is a great device to quickly check my e-mail. Netbooks vary widely in price and I was able to get one for 200.00. I am truly addicted to this new tool that travels well and performs well.

No comments: