Friday, May 20, 2011

Final presidential post from Terri DiCenzo

Terri DiCenzo, our outgoing President, asked me to post this on her behalf:
President's Journal -


This term has come to a close and it has been a pleasure and an honor to serve as the President of DALL. This is my final chapter of the President’s Journal. I would like to use this entry to thank the members of the Executive Board and the Committee Chairs for all of their hard work and support this past year. DALL has been truly enriched by their efforts and so have I. Without the efforts of our Board and Committees the events and programming this year would not have happened.

Dave Matthewson has been the best of Vice-Presidents and I know that he will lead DALL in new and exciting directions. He has a commitment to excellence that will enhance any initiative that DALL undertakes during his Presidency. I am excited about what he has planned for the upcoming term.

I want to thank Kevin Miles for his commitment to the upgrade and renovation of our website, and for his on going work on the union list project . He has spent untold hours on these projects and continues to work to make our website one of the best chapter websites available.

Aly Harris stepped in when I moved to Houston. She put the plans we made into action and ensured the success of DALL programs during this past year.

Jennifer Stephens has a commitment to the DALL blog LEX SCRIPTA that keeps our members current on professional issues and relevant topics.

Amy Chapman has given her time to our newsletter all year and made what I write much better than it was when I sent it to her.

There are so many more people I want to thank for their efforts and encouragement, but I will only say that without their contributions we all would have been much poorer.

Your new DALL Executive Board and Chairs take their seats on June 1, 2011. I am truly excited about the group of people who have volunteered to lead our association. We have people with vast experience and members with fresh new ideas. I know that they will produce a year of new opportunity and advancement for DALL. Please consider lending your talent and skills to this group as they move DALL forward.

Thank you for allowing me to be your President. During my term I was permitted to meet and work with the incredible professionals of DALL and I was blessed beyond measure.

Best,

Terri DiCenzo
President DALL 2010/2011

No comments: