1. Tell them exactly what you want them to do with the tag. How to scan, how to get the app and tell them what they will get for their time.
2. Be mindful where you use the tags and what kind of experience that is.
3. If you are linking to videos or excerpts, keep them short.
4. Let the book dictate how you use the barcodes. Think of yourself as a reader first–what would they want from the experience?
5. The lower right-hand corner of the page is the best place to put a tag; make it as big and visible as possible without disrupting the page.