Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Follow up on Google Reader

I posted about Google Reader going dark July 1 and have wondered what to do about it. I found a workaround for now by accessing my Google Reader feeds via my Flipboard app on my iPad. If you use Google Reader and Flipboard, here are the instructions to get you started.
  1. Open the Flipboar app.
  2. Tap the red ribbon icon in the upper right corner.
  3. Tap the Accounts link (should be second link).
  4. Tap "Google Reader" from the ADD AN ACCOUNT listing.
  5. Sign in using your Google Reader id.
  6. Tap off to the side to dismiss the add content side bar.
  7. Tap the new Google Reader icon to start reading.
You can still look at individual feeds and folders by tapping the Google Reader icon at the top of the page and choosing the "Feeds & Folders" link.

Pros: you can still access your RSS feeds.
Cons: you have to flip multiple pages to see the entire list for a feed.

No comments: