- requests for additional examples, particularly for claims directed to abstract ideas and laws of nature;
- further explanation of the markedly different characteristics analysis;
- further information regarding how examiners identify abstract ideas;
- discussion of the prima facie case and the role of evidence with respect to eligibility rejections;
- information regarding application of the 2014 Interim Patent Eligibility Guidance in the Patent Examining Corps; and
- explanation of the role of preemption in the eligibility analysis, including a discussion of the streamlined analysis.
The information includes:
- Federal Register Notice: (link is external)July 2015 Update on Subject Matter Eligibility (link is external)NEW
For additional information, see this link at the USPTO.